Note: The Location Services must be enabled to use the app. Please go to Settings -> Location Services (both the General and the specific for the iFind My Car app should be on).
- Open iFind My Car app by tapping on its icon. Wait a few seconds until the app finds your location and the accuracy indicator becomes green or at least yellow. The Map view will zoom at your current location. It may take a moment depending on your 3G connection;
- Tap the red Pin Car button. The red beetle icon will be placed at your current location;
- If necessary, adjust your car position by dragging the beetle to the desired location. This step is optional and should be done if the accuracy indicator is yellow and there is a visible difference between the blue pin current location indicator and your car real position as seen on the screen;
- Close Application by pressing the home button.
Note: You can only get the direction to your car if you have set the car location as described previously.
- Open iFind My Car app by tapping on its icon. Wait a few seconds until the app finds your location and the accuracy indicator becomes green or at least yellow. The Map view will zoom at your current location. For the iPhone 3G, we recommend turning off the Wi-Fi Network for faster GPS response and if possible, wait until you the accuracy indicator gets green;
- Tap the green Find my Car button;
- For iPhone 3GS or newer: The blue line indicates the direction to your car. The line starts at your current location and ends at your car location. Turn you iPhone until the red arrow and the blue line coincides. Walk in this direction to find your car. The label on the bottom of the screen indicates the distance to your car. Tap the arrow button near the accuracy indication on the upper left corner to active the augmented reality;
- For iPhone 3G: Two lines are used to show the direction to your car. The red line connects the initial location to your current location. The blue line connects your current location to your car location. At start, the red line is only a red dot since your current and initial locations are the same. If you are walking straight to your car the blue and red lines should coincide and the blue line should get shorter as you walk. The label on the bottom of the screen indicates the distance to your car. This solution was developed because the iPhone 3G does not have a compass.
- Click on the clock button in the top navigation bar;
- On the picker view, set the date and time of the according to your parking meter settings;
- An alert will ask to confirm the notification date and time and if you want to sent it;
- A final message will confirm the operation.
*ATTENTION*: You must quit the app to be notified!